Success! Now to hurry.

Over the past week I have been working on exporting my meshes with a colour ID map ready for Substance painter. I finally got it down, turns out I had missed a step or two during the mad rush sessions I’ve head recently. So good news first, because I have to appreciate my work and the skills I have learnt.

So…

All the models I have are ready to be textured, they all have colour ID maps and they can be brought into Substance Painter at any time once they are exported. Currently there are approximately 18 meshes that will be sent out to be textured.

Bad news (Well self-imposed deadline)

On friday I decided that anything that I didn’t have UV unwrapped, and have a colour ID for would be cut from my project. This was done so I didn’t spend all week working on new meshes and risk not finishing the project. It is a little bit of a shame because this decision has removed 5 meshes but has allowed me to move forward for thursday’s deadline.

…And this left me with something similar to this:

Mixing the good with the bad…

Substance painter seems to work after the recent update, however I can only work at 1k without pushing my laptop too far.